Watch Dogs (stylised as WATCH_DOGS) is an action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released worldwide on 27 May 2014 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, and a Wii U version was released in November 2014. Set in a fictionalized, free-roam, open world version of Chicago, the single-player story follows hacker Aiden Pearce's search for revenge after the killing of his niece. The game is played from a third-person perspective, and the world is navigated on foot or by vehicle. An online multiplayer mode allows up to eight players to engage in cooperative and competitive gameplay.
Open World Action
May 27th, 2014
PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
- Designed and implemented a portion of the critical path, including final level/boss fight.
- Conceived, prototyped and implemented multiple game ingredients and mission beat types.
- Iterated content based on playtest and director feedback to bring owned missions to target quality.
- Point of contact for auditing and refactoring released junior level designer’s work.
- “Power User" of proprietary level design tools.